The Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) is in charge of handling driver licenses, ID cards, vehicle titles, registrations and other documents. While some procedures can be done online, others require visiting your local office in person. Speaking of getting the job done online, this guide is an expert of handling the Minnesota DVS issues in no time. Also, by using this site http://www.dmv.com/mn/minnesota/how-to/get-your-drivers-license ,you are just one click away from finding the info you need.
Working hours and locations
Among the first things you need to know, when dealing with DMV issues in person, are locations and working hours of different offices.
- Driver License Offices and Deputy Registrar Offices deal with licenses, titles, registration and more, and are available Monday-Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Knowledge Test Offices provide knowledge testing services. These offices are generally open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
- Road Test Facilities operate from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm. After passing the vision and knowledge tests, you can schedule a road test, either online or at a Driver License Office.
- Road and Knowledge Test Offices provide road and knowledge testing services. Working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
- To inspect your vehicle go to Vehicle Inspection Locations. These offices are generally open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
- Prorate Offices are available Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm.
*Important: Days and hours of operation differ from office to office, so make sure you have the exact information before visiting in person. Don’t forget to check the legal holidays too.
Minnesota Department of Driver and Vehicle Services
(651) 297-3298 – for driver licenses
(651) 297-2126 – for motor vehicles
(651) 282-6555 – TTY (for hearing or speech-impaired individuals)
You may also contact the DDVS via email:
- For specific questions or issues on driver licenses – email@example.com,
- For specific questions about motor vehicles – firstname.lastname@example.org.
More useful info
To learn more about hours, locations and all Minnesota DVS matters follow this link https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/Pages/default.aspx,. For guidance on how to get your desired information click at http://www.dmv.com/mn/minnesota